Information on Mid Penn Championship and Plunge meets can be found here: http://www.midpennswimchamp.info/
First up is the Mid Penn Championships meet Friday & Saturday February 8th & 9th…here are the details for our Mid Penn swimmers…
- Friday: All Mid Penn Swimmers will be dismissed Friday at 12:45 and the bus will depart the school at 1pm. We will stop for lunch so please bring money for lunch (I will let you know once we confirm where we are stopping). Boosters will supply water and snacks at the meet and there is also concessions available at the meet. We will NOT have a bus going back to the school after the meet. Swimmers may leave with their families after confirming with the coaches once their events are completed. Please reply to this email if your swimmer will need help with transportation after the meet and we will help to arrange rides
- Saturday: Swimmers should arrive at CDHS at 7:45 the bus will depart CDHS at 8:00. Again we will NOT have a bus going back to the CDHS after the meet. Swimmers may leave with their families after confirming with coaches once their events are completed.
- Parents/Spectators: For first time parents attending this meet we are not allowed into CV until after school is dismissed on Friday after 3pm. Many parents start lining up outside of the school early afternoon Friday and early morning Saturday (crazy swim parents:)) I will send a text or email once I confirm when some of our crazy swim parents will be going to line up, I believe we usually go closer to 2pm and have not had a problem getting good seats. If you are not able to get there until later you should still be able to get in you just may have to stand in the back. They do not allow “saving seats” but many spectators leave as their swimmers events are over which opens up some seating.
WAY TO GO RAMS!!!
We are so proud of our swimmers!! You rallied despite a difficult end to the week and came home with top trophies from the Dover Invitational. Out of 26 teams our boys came home with the 2nd place and the girls the 1st place.
- Brady Cummings is missing his team warm up jacket. PLEASE check your bags/closets/cars to see if you came home from Dover with an extra jacket.
Here is what we have one deck:
- Monday: practice will held at HACC for ALL swimmers (NO Central Penn). Reminder: if swimmers are not picked up at HACC by 4:45 they will take the bus back to CDHS for pick up there.
- Tuesday: Central Penn swimmers will have practice as usual at Central Penn.
- Wednesday: Central Penn swimmers will have practice as usual at Central Penn. HACC swimmers will have practice as usual at HACC.
- Thursday: Our first dual meet vs Hershey. 4pm at Derry Twp Parks & Recreation, 605 Cocoa Ave, Hershey, PA 17033. We will have our first restaurant fundraising night at Teds (7300 Allentown Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17112) following the Hershey meet. Swimmers, friends, family, Please come join us and support the team!! No fliers or coupons needed just tell your server you are there for the CD Swim Team Fundraiser. PLEASE spread the word to all of your friends, neighbors and family members.
- Friday: CP swimmers at CP as usual, HACC swimmers at HACC.
Other items from the Boosters:
- Pictures: Please share any pictures you take at meets or team events on our shutterfly site – https://centraldauphinhighschoolswimming.shutterfly.com/ . You can also access the site from our website cdrams.org
- Sheetz Coupon Books ($10 each) and Giant Cards ($50 each). Kathy Conway will have these at every meet. Sheetz books make great stocking stuffers, gifts, keep one in your car…please help support the team by purchasing some of these coupon book at the next meet.
- Dont forget as you are doing your holiday shopping any purchases from https://www.swimoutlet.com/cdswimming/ helps support our team.
- We understand that many have questions, please watch for emails this week as we will keep everyone updated as we receive any additional information.