We are excited to get back to the pool this week. This is obviously a year like no other. Due to COVID restrictions we are very limited with the number of swimmers that we will be able to have at practice this season. We will be able to accommodate more swimmers in meets but can only have a limited number of swimmers at practice.
A couple of important notes:
If you are able to train with a club team instead of our high school practices this year, you will be on the team & able participate in meets. If this applies to you please let me know.
If you have already let me know that you will be training with your club team, you are listed as “Club” on the practice schedule, and do not need to attend tryouts. Congratulations! You are on the Central Dauphin High School Swim Team!!
Tryouts: Tryouts will be held from 3:00-4:15 at Central Penn (Powers Ave, Harrisburg).
There will be a bus leaving from the High School at 2:30 each day. Meet by the flagpole in front of the school. Please be prompt.
Swimmers must be picked up at Central Penn at 4:15, Please be prompt
Forms / Paperwork: ALL swimmers must be sure to have completed and submitted the following:
Central Penn COVID Waiver
Central Dauphin Athletics Waiver – NEW
Freshman or first sport athletes must also complete ImPACT testing. TOMORROW Nov 17th at 4:30pm at CDHS
All forms can be delivered to Coach’s room #140 or delivered to the school office in an envelope marked Coach Kesler room #140
John KeslerCentral Dauphin High SchoolMathVarsity Swimming Head Coach
We are happy to report that our 2020/2021 we will begin “open pool” sessions next Wednesday & Thursday. Wednesday & Thursday will be for NEW swimmers trying out for the team. Friday November 20th will be our first day of team practice.
If you have a swimmer who plans on practicing with your club team please let Coach know asap. firstname.lastname@example.org or swimmers can go see him in room 140 at school.
Here is what we have on Deck:
- Thursday, November 12th: Physicals at CDHS. Complete physical packet if first sport of school year, re-cert packet if athlete completed a physical packet for a fall sport.
- Tuesday November 17th 4:30pm ImPACT concussion baseline testing (all 9th graders who did not take one yet and any 1st year athletes) Info sheet attached.
- Wednesday November 18th- Open Pool Try- Outs ALL NEW Swimmers Only 3:00-4:15 Central Penn
- Thursday, November 19th: Open Pool Try- Outs ALL NEW Swimmers Only 3:00-4:15 Central Penn
- Friday November 20th: First Day of Practice – Central Penn 3:00pm – 4:15pm
REMIND: If you have not already please sign up for the team text group by texting @99acf4 to 81010. We have learned in these first few meets the importance of being able to get communications to everyone quickly!
POSTERS: The correct size posters are in and I will be handing them out after practice today and Monday. Please remind your swimmer to pick them up in the lobby of Central Penn after practice. The photos of the kids are all fantastic, if you would like to purchase the image from the photographer Andrea Cavoli, she can be reached at email@example.com They are only $5!!
SPIRIT WEAR: Our spirit wear has been delayed due to back ups with shipping but we should have everything next week. We will get it out to you all as soon as it comes in.
STOCKING STUFFERS: We have Sheetz Coupon Books, Pan Ram Lottery Tickets and Giant gift cards for sale. You can reply to this email or contact Jeff Thrush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-443-8457 to order
CAPS: We have extra caps if your swimmer needs one.
TEAM HOLIDAY BOWLING: Swimmers put on your ugly sweater and join your teammates for a night of bowling & fun!! December 28th, ABC Lanes 7pm – 10pm
CD Swim Boosters
Coaches have been working to plan a practice schedule that will optimize the limited pool space we have. Here is the practice schedule for the first few weeks of practice. This schedule will be updated on our team google calendar as well-
- 5 day a week swimmer practice every M-F with the exception of meet days.
- All other swimmers are assigned practice days by either boys team or girls team as follows
Spirit Wear: Our spirit wear store is open and accepting orders until Thursday November 21st. The link to the store is here: cdswimming.itemorder.com
Sponsor Letters:. Reminder your 5 sponsor Letters, completed corporate sponsor form or $75 buy-out check are to be turned into the booster box in Coach Kesler’s room (140) by Thursday November 21st.
Monthly Booster Meeting: Our next booster meeting is next Thursday November 21st, 6:30pm at The Conways (5537 River Rd) all are welcome. We will be voting on our bylaws (attached) as well as planning for the season.
Poster Photos: Individual swimmer photos for our poster fundraiser will be taken on Monday November 25th at the start of practice. If you would like to order posters please complete the attached form and have your swimmer bring the form with payment on Monday. Please have your swimmer bring their warm up jacket and a team suit (if they have one) or a black or dark colored suit. Boosters will have jackets for anyone who does not have their own. ALL swimmers should attend practice Monday – we will be taking photos of ALL swimmers even if you are not ordering posters.
Sub Sale Order: Forms and payment are due on December 9th. Subs will be delivered on December 18th. If you need an order form there are extras in Coach Kesler room (140)
Giant Gift Cards: now available for purchase in $50 increments. 5% of every dollar goes to the swimmers and is credited to your swimmers fundraising amount. If you are interested in purchasing Giant Cards please reply to this email and I will coordinate getting you your cards.
Season Kick Off Pasta Party: Friday December 6th 6:00pm – 8:30pm 5537 River Road. The boosters will provide the main entree and drinks Please sign up here ttsu.me/3dg7ca to bring an item to share.
Team Try-outs are Monday 11/18 at Central Penn from 3:00-4:30
Transportation Update: Starting Monday and throughout the season a school bus will be transporting swimmers from CDHS to Central Penn for practice however the return but to CDHS would not return in time for students to take the late bus home (late bus leaves CDHS at 4:45). Swimmers are to be picked up at Central Penn after practice. Practice ends at 4:30, please be prompt in picking up your swimmers, a coach will wait with swimmers until they are picked up.
Pre- Season Training: This is our last week of pre-season: Tuesday and Thursday 2:45 – 3:45 at CDHS Wednesday & Friday 3:00 – 4:30 at Central Penn
Try-Outs: Try- outs will be held Monday November 18th from 3:00-4:30 at Central Penn. There will be a school bus to transport students. Students get on the bus at the flagpole in the front of the school (please be sure to ask the driver if you are on the swimming bus to Central Penn) Please get there as quickly as possible after school. The bus will depart before the other busses from the school.
Spirit Wear: Our spirit wear store is now open: cdswimming.itemorder.com. The store will close on November 20th so get your orders in before the 20th.
REMINDER: ALL swimmers must be cleared to swim by the athletic trainers office before attending try outs on Monday. The final impact testing will be held tomorrow after school. We have sent emails to any swimmer who have not been cleared. Coach will receive a final list after the final impact test and we will contact anyone who has not been cleared.
- Varsity Letter Jackets can be ordered this Friday November 8th (order form is attached). Larry from BSN sports will be at Central Penn at 4:30 with sample jackets for swimmers to try on. If you are interested in ordering please bring your varsity letter, the attached form and payment (checks should be made payable to BSN Sports)
- A scrimmage meet with Trinity on December 5th has been added to the calendar. An updated meet schedule is attached. Due to the scrimmage on the 5th we will move the season kick off dinner to Friday December 6th- details to follow.
Stay tuned for an email with the link to our spirit wear store later this week.
Thank you to all who attended the parent meeting last night. If you had emailed that you were not able to attend the meeting I will have an info packet for your swimmer to pick up in Coach Keslers room (140) on Thursday. If you were not able to make the meeting and have not emailed me already please reply to this email with the name of your swimmer and I will have a packet for them in Coach Keslers room.
Here are the notes from the meeting: https://cdrams.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/parent-meeting-notes-1.pdf
** IF your swimmer would like to participate in the preseason practice but does not have transportation please reply to this email and let us know. We will create a list and see if we can help to facilitate some car pooling.**
- Thursday, October 24th: Physicals at CDHS. Complete physical packet if first sport of school year, re-cert packet if athlete completed a physical packet for a a fall sport. A link to the forms is under the forms tab above
- Friday November 1st: First day of optional pre-season clinics at Central Penn 3:00-4:30. Clinics will run M,W,F until first day of official practice on 11/15/19- there will be NO busses to or from CP for these pre-season clinics.
- Tuesday November 5th: First day of pre-season dryland training – CDHS 2:45-3:45
- Wednesday, November 6th: ImPACT concussion baseline testing (all 9th graders who did not take one yet and any 1st year athletes)
- Wednesday, November 13th: Make-up ImPACT testing
- Friday November 15th: Try Outs/Time Trials Central Penn 3:00-4:30pm
- Monday November 18th: First day of practice – Central Penn 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Friday December 6th: Season Kick-off Pasta Party @ The Conways 6:00-8:30
- Tuesday December 10th: First Dual meet @ Cedar Cliff 4:00 pm
Complete meet schedule can be found under the calendar tab above-
Here is what we have on deck
Thursday, Oct.17th: Swimmer meeting with Coach Kesler Coach would like to meet with ALLswimmers interested in the CD Rams swim team at 7:25 am in room 140.
Tuesday, October 22: Parent Meeting 6:30pm CDHS cafeteria
Thursday, Oct. 24th: Physicals at CDHS
Wednesday, Nov. 6th: ImPACT concussion baseline testing (all 9th graders who did not take one yet and any JH wr)
Wednesday, Nov. 13th: Make-up ImPACT testing
Information on Sports Physicals and the required forms can be found under the forms tab above.
Please be sure to get your completed forms in as soon as possible, there is a box in the main office to drop off the forms.
We look forward to seeing the parents/guardians at the parent meeting on 10/22/19, please be sure one parent or guardian attends the meeting.