Parent meeting 10/22/19 6:30 pm in the school cafeteria.
Coach Kesler Swim Clinics:With the upcoming holiday Monday and it getting dark earlier in the evening Coach would like to make the following changes to the practice schedule.
- Tomorrow, Thursday 8-29-19, practice will run 6:30pm-8:00pm.
- There will be NO practice Monday (Labor Day).
- Next week the sessions will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00 pm
Sessions will continue to be held at the Country Club of Harrisburg on Fishing Creek Valley Rd. Training will consist of 45 minutes of drills and 45 minutes of endurance training. Cost will between $30- $50 per week depending on how many sign up. Payment can be made directly to coach. Sign ups will be by week – this is a great opportunity reconnect with your teammates and get ready for our upcoming season. Incoming Freshman are welcome so please spread the work to anyone who may not be getting team emails. Please complete this form to sign up for the clinics: https://forms.gle/j6QBi32L2TuDc7q26
Varsity Letter Jackets: Last call for Letter Jackets. These Jackets can be ordered for swimmers who have already earned their Varsity Letter. We would like to get the order day scheduled so we can get the jackets in time for the cold weather and the holidays but we need to be sure we have enough swimmers interested. I have attached the form used for Football so you can see the pricing and additional informationooking forward to seeing you all soon!!
Car Wash Saturday September 7th. Please sign up to help on the sign up sheet here: ttsu.me/3mggs5 And be sure to spread the word….we want to get as many cars there for washes as possible.
The CD Swim Team Car Washes will be held on Saturday August 17th and Saturday September 7th at the First National Bank at Mountain Road by Karns (Paxton Square). We hope to see you there!!
- Dress Code – Club policy does not allow t-shirts or jeans to be worn
- Uniform Return – All borrowed uniform pieces should be washed, folded and turned in at the banquet in the same condition they were received if not, the cost of a replacement will be charged to the swimmers’ family.
- Basket raffle – Come ready to buy tickets for our annual Basket raffle! If you would like to donate new items, gift certificates or other swag for out baskets, please contact Kathy Conway! If you know of any business willing to donate a basket to our raffle please let me know. In the past we have had families (or couple of families go together) donate baskets for our raffle – ideas are – Movie Night, Snack Attack, Italian basket, chocolate basket, a basket of swim stuff, summer fun…whatever you choose. Please let me know if you are bale to donate a basket and what your “theme” is.
Information on Mid Penn Championship and Plunge meets can be found here: http://www.midpennswimchamp.info/
First up is the Mid Penn Championships meet Friday & Saturday February 8th & 9th…here are the details for our Mid Penn swimmers…
- Friday: All Mid Penn Swimmers will be dismissed Friday at 12:45 and the bus will depart the school at 1pm. We will stop for lunch so please bring money for lunch (I will let you know once we confirm where we are stopping). Boosters will supply water and snacks at the meet and there is also concessions available at the meet. We will NOT have a bus going back to the school after the meet. Swimmers may leave with their families after confirming with the coaches once their events are completed. Please reply to this email if your swimmer will need help with transportation after the meet and we will help to arrange rides
- Saturday: Swimmers should arrive at CDHS at 7:45 the bus will depart CDHS at 8:00. Again we will NOT have a bus going back to the CDHS after the meet. Swimmers may leave with their families after confirming with coaches once their events are completed.
- Parents/Spectators: For first time parents attending this meet we are not allowed into CV until after school is dismissed on Friday after 3pm. Many parents start lining up outside of the school early afternoon Friday and early morning Saturday (crazy swim parents:)) I will send a text or email once I confirm when some of our crazy swim parents will be going to line up, I believe we usually go closer to 2pm and have not had a problem getting good seats. If you are not able to get there until later you should still be able to get in you just may have to stand in the back. They do not allow “saving seats” but many spectators leave as their swimmers events are over which opens up some seating.