Team Try-outs are Monday 11/18 at Central Penn from 3:00-4:30
Transportation Update: Starting Monday and throughout the season a school bus will be transporting swimmers from CDHS to Central Penn for practice however the return but to CDHS would not return in time for students to take the late bus home (late bus leaves CDHS at 4:45). Swimmers are to be picked up at Central Penn after practice. Practice ends at 4:30, please be prompt in picking up your swimmers, a coach will wait with swimmers until they are picked up.
Pre- Season Training: This is our last week of pre-season: Tuesday and Thursday 2:45 – 3:45 at CDHS Wednesday & Friday 3:00 – 4:30 at Central Penn
Try-Outs: Try- outs will be held Monday November 18th from 3:00-4:30 at Central Penn. There will be a school bus to transport students. Students get on the bus at the flagpole in the front of the school (please be sure to ask the driver if you are on the swimming bus to Central Penn) Please get there as quickly as possible after school. The bus will depart before the other busses from the school.
Spirit Wear: Our spirit wear store is now open: cdswimming.itemorder.com. The store will close on November 20th so get your orders in before the 20th.
REMINDER: ALL swimmers must be cleared to swim by the athletic trainers office before attending try outs on Monday. The final impact testing will be held tomorrow after school. We have sent emails to any swimmer who have not been cleared. Coach will receive a final list after the final impact test and we will contact anyone who has not been cleared.
- Varsity Letter Jackets can be ordered this Friday November 8th (order form is attached). Larry from BSN sports will be at Central Penn at 4:30 with sample jackets for swimmers to try on. If you are interested in ordering please bring your varsity letter, the attached form and payment (checks should be made payable to BSN Sports)
- A scrimmage meet with Trinity on December 5th has been added to the calendar. An updated meet schedule is attached. Due to the scrimmage on the 5th we will move the season kick off dinner to Friday December 6th- details to follow.
Stay tuned for an email with the link to our spirit wear store later this week.
Thank you to all who attended the parent meeting last night. If you had emailed that you were not able to attend the meeting I will have an info packet for your swimmer to pick up in Coach Keslers room (140) on Thursday. If you were not able to make the meeting and have not emailed me already please reply to this email with the name of your swimmer and I will have a packet for them in Coach Keslers room.
Here are the notes from the meeting: https://cdrams.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/parent-meeting-notes-1.pdf
** IF your swimmer would like to participate in the preseason practice but does not have transportation please reply to this email and let us know. We will create a list and see if we can help to facilitate some car pooling.**
- Thursday, October 24th: Physicals at CDHS. Complete physical packet if first sport of school year, re-cert packet if athlete completed a physical packet for a a fall sport. A link to the forms is under the forms tab above
- Friday November 1st: First day of optional pre-season clinics at Central Penn 3:00-4:30. Clinics will run M,W,F until first day of official practice on 11/15/19- there will be NO busses to or from CP for these pre-season clinics.
- Tuesday November 5th: First day of pre-season dryland training – CDHS 2:45-3:45
- Wednesday, November 6th: ImPACT concussion baseline testing (all 9th graders who did not take one yet and any 1st year athletes)
- Wednesday, November 13th: Make-up ImPACT testing
- Friday November 15th: Try Outs/Time Trials Central Penn 3:00-4:30pm
- Monday November 18th: First day of practice – Central Penn 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Friday December 6th: Season Kick-off Pasta Party @ The Conways 6:00-8:30
- Tuesday December 10th: First Dual meet @ Cedar Cliff 4:00 pm
Complete meet schedule can be found under the calendar tab above-
Here is what we have on deck
Thursday, Oct.17th: Swimmer meeting with Coach Kesler Coach would like to meet with ALLswimmers interested in the CD Rams swim team at 7:25 am in room 140.
Tuesday, October 22: Parent Meeting 6:30pm CDHS cafeteria
Thursday, Oct. 24th: Physicals at CDHS
Wednesday, Nov. 6th: ImPACT concussion baseline testing (all 9th graders who did not take one yet and any JH wr)
Wednesday, Nov. 13th: Make-up ImPACT testing
Information on Sports Physicals and the required forms can be found under the forms tab above.
Please be sure to get your completed forms in as soon as possible, there is a box in the main office to drop off the forms.
We look forward to seeing the parents/guardians at the parent meeting on 10/22/19, please be sure one parent or guardian attends the meeting.
Parent meeting 10/22/19 6:30 pm in the school cafeteria.